- Creating Places for People—an urban design protocol for Australian Cities [PDF: 2963 KB] 
- Australia [PDF: 785 KB] 
- New South Wales [PDF: 957 KB] 
- Victoria [PDF: 1002 KB] 
- Queensland [PDF: 906 KB] 
- Western Australia [PDF: 792 KB] 
- South Australia [PDF: 921 KB] 
- Tasmania [PDF: 932 KB] 
- Australian Capital Territory [PDF: 1005 KB] 
- Northern Territory [PDF: 1017 KB] 
- Role of Australia's State government architects—article in Urban Design Forum Issue 96 [PDF: 2077 KB] —A description of the role of each State Government Architect in Australia. Also available on the Urban Design Forum Website
- Australia's First Urban Design Protocol
The Hon Anthony Albanese MP, launches the urban design protocol at the 5th State of Australian Cities Conference in Melbourne (30 November 2011)
- Lord Mayors welcome Federal focus on excellence in urban design
Council of Capital City Lord Mayors (30 November 2011)
- Commitment to Best Urban Design Welcomed
Planning Institute of Australia (30 November 2011)
- 'Best Practice' urban design protocol welcomed
City of Perth (30 November 2011)
- Good urban design, saves $millions and saves us from inactive lives
Heart Foundation (30 November 2011)
- Building More Liveable Cities
The Hon Anthony Albanese MP addresses Australian urban designers at a National Urban Design Workshop in Sydney co-hosted by the Major Cities Unit and the Green Building Council of Australia, Sydney, 20 January 2012
- Address to the 5th Annual State of Australian Cities Conference
The Hon Anthony Albanese MP launches Australia's first ever Urban Design Protocol, University of Melbourne, 30 November 2011
- Creating Places for People: developing Australia’s first urban design protocol [PDF: 3022 KB] 
PowerPoint presentation by Sara Stace to the 5th International Urban Design Conference, Gold Coast, September 2011.
Urban Design Publications
- Urban Design Forum Quarterly
A publication on the planning and design of cities and towns in Australia and New Zealand.
- Project for Public Spaces
A regular Blog and twitter feed on urban design around the world.
- United Kingdom Commission for Architecture and the Built Environment (CABE)
A website with over 300 publications and 400 case studies on urban design in the UK. CABE was the UK government’s advisor on architecture, urban design and public space from 1999-2011.
- Urban Design in Australia [PDF: 7824 KB] 
Report by the Prime Minister’s Urban Design Task Force, 1994
- Links to other resources on urban design can be found on the Protocol principles pages.
PDF: In order to download or print PDF versions of documents, you need to have Adobe Reader installed. If you don't have Adobe Reader installed, download the installer from the Adobe Reader web page and then install the Reader before continuing.
Disclaimer: The compatible application(s) listed above are examples only. The Department of Infrastructure and Transport does not endorse any particular software developer or specific application.